Random Bits Of Me

EVERYTHING IN GENERAL AND NOTHING IN PARTICULAR
crochet-spinning-making-home decor-fiber art-every day stuff-antiques-sewing-food-pets-family-flea market finds-thrifting-doodling-journaling-books-nature-handmade-creative things-nothing-everything


Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Beating The Drearies

I don't know what it's like where you are, but I haven't seen the sun here lately.
It's been cold, grey and dreary with snow or rain forever it seems.
I need some light and a little bit of green.
So, I made my own.
I turned on the lights, lit some candles and added some green touches to my kitchen as I cleaned.

I burn lots of candles around here.
I've been saving this one for a dreary day and today is that day.

I stuffed some moss in the bottom of this wire candle holder to add a little green.

Yay, some green and some light!

I'm not so fond of cleaning the kitchen, but by switching up a couple of things, it makes it not so much of a chore.

Okay so you've seen the light, now I'll show you some more green.

I love this old army bag.

I switched out the red utensils for some green ones.

I added a few fresh linens with green touches.

And some old ceramic pieces.




I also brought back some of the plants that I had relocated during the holidays and now everything looks brighter and fresher. Taking photos as I go along makes it seem fun, so thanks for putting up with all the pics.
I wonder, does anyone else out there take photos as they clean?
It works for me.
Thanks for visiting. See ya soon.
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment