Random Bits Of Me

EVERYTHING IN GENERAL AND NOTHING IN PARTICULAR
crochet-spinning-making-home decor-fiber art-every day stuff-antiques-sewing-food-pets-family-flea market finds-thrifting-doodling-journaling-books-nature-handmade-creative things-nothing-everything


Thursday, January 26, 2012

Textile Beads

Hi everyone. I'm back to making jewelry today. I've made a lot of earrings in the past week and although my technique still needs improvement, I decided to try a little something different today. I want my jewelry to be more me, if that makes any sense. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I want as many of the parts and pieces that I use to be my own creations. Of course I'll still be using beads and vintage findings that I've purchased, but I want to incorporate more of my style into each piece. That being said, I will be adding textiles to my jewelry at times.

This idea isn't something new. I was gifted a beautiful necklace that has an amazing textile bead.

I started out trying to make these perfect and uniform, but after browsing through some of my jewelry books, I realized that the pieces I was drawn to the most, were the ones that had the most imperfections. You know, the things that look more handmade.

I suppose if I wanted perfect, uniform looking jewelry, I could go to the mall and buy the same old things that everyone else wears.

My goal is to create one of a kind wearable art.

I'll be back soon with a finished piece which includes these textile and copper beads.

Have a great day and create something that's all you.

Karen

6 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to make thses. Yours are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful indeed! Can't wait to see what you make...I kmow it will be great, and very you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an inspiration you are. Love the beads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice styles and experimentation is the mother of all invention.I like the copper wired look of the beads... something different and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ciao e complimenti sono molto belli e sopratutto molto personali, luisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love making these. I make with satisfying silk, denim, yarn, fabric and leather. So much fun.

    ReplyDelete