Random Bits Of Me

EVERYTHING IN GENERAL AND NOTHING IN PARTICULAR
crochet-spinning-making-home decor-fiber art-every day stuff-antiques-sewing-food-pets-family-flea market finds-thrifting-doodling-journaling-books-nature-handmade-creative things-nothing-everything


Monday, October 3, 2011

Learning New Crochet Techniques

Over the weekend the weather here was awful.
Nonstop rain and even some snow mixed in.
I jokingly told my husband that I was taking a snow day on Sunday and spent the day playing with a new crochet technique. This is the first thing that I made.

I've made crocheted pod containers before, but not like this one.
This one is wool over rope.

I used the technique from the book "unexpected CROCHET for the HOME", by LENA MAIKON.
I also made a flower using this awesome technique.

The book is filled with really cool, unconventional crochet patterns.
I highly recommend it if you are bored with all the usual crochet ideas out there.
I bought this one at my local craft store (Michael's), but you can order it from Amazon as well.
Here is a close up of another pod that I have started.


Although my items are similar to some of those in the book, I did not use the patterns, only the technique.
I did notice that the author also has an Etsy shop where she sells some of the items from the book already made. I'm sorry I don't have a link for you.

Have you tried anything new lately?

Karen


8 comments:

  1. Omg you sound like you're going to be my new best friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to make useful things. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this could make coasters with this technique

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a breath of fresh air to find your site!! Feeling tuned in at the moment! Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete