Random Bits Of Me

EVERYTHING IN GENERAL AND NOTHING IN PARTICULAR
crochet-spinning-making-home decor-fiber art-every day stuff-antiques-sewing-food-pets-family-flea market finds-thrifting-doodling-journaling-books-nature-handmade-creative things-nothing-everything


Thursday, January 20, 2011

Skeleton Keys and Hand Stamped Tags

I've always had an interest in altered art and art journaling, but never really took the time to do much with it. This year, one of my goals is to explore more art related projects.
Something different from my usual crochet.
Due to my addiction of collecting everything old, I think altered art and repurposing used, thrifted items is the perfect thing.
I've made a bunch of coffee stained, hand stamped tags and put them together with some old skeleton keys, and I'm really excited about how they turned out.
I plan to use some of them in future projects and have some for sale as well.
You can purchase the keys with tags at:
and the tags with ribbons in sets of three at:





Have you tried creating something different lately?

Thanks so much for stopping by!
I hope you all explore something new and different today on your creative journey.
Hugs and laughter!
Karen

3 comments:

  1. these are so gorgeous....tahnks for the comment too, I really appreciate it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tags! And don't you just love skeleton keys? I always wonder what doors, drawers, or treasure chests they've opened in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Karen
    This is a beautiful blog and so is your gorgeous creative work. Love all the tags and heart lavender bags from lace. All gorgeous!
    Thank you for leaving such a nice comment on my blog too!

    ReplyDelete