Random Bits Of Me

EVERYTHING IN GENERAL AND NOTHING IN PARTICULAR
crochet-spinning-making-home decor-fiber art-every day stuff-antiques-sewing-food-pets-family-flea market finds-thrifting-doodling-journaling-books-nature-handmade-creative things-nothing-everything


Friday, January 21, 2011

Frilly Friday

Frilly things and pretty things.
Inspiration for my art and home decor.

Pretty satin and lace.
Of course it was a thrifted find.

 A stuffed heart that I made from bits of lace and scraps of fabric.
 An antique bottle adorned with lace and one of the distressed tags that I featured on yesterdays post.
 Here is an idea I came up with for my dining room window treatment.
I had purchased a vintage bedspread from the local antique mall that I thought was just beautiful, but I wanted to incorporate it into my dining room, not a bedroom.
At first I thought I would use it as a tablecloth, but it only had fringe on three sides, so I figured out a way to use it as a window treatment without cutting it.
I had some curtain rings with clips attached and it worked out just fine.
I still need to get a window scarf to cover the rings.
No cutting or sewing involved.
I used an old crocheted doily for the tie back.



                                        This is some black lace from an old dress. It looks gray in this photo, but no, it's black.                                     



No comments:

Post a Comment