Random Bits Of Me

EVERYTHING IN GENERAL AND NOTHING IN PARTICULAR
crochet-spinning-making-home decor-fiber art-every day stuff-antiques-sewing-food-pets-family-flea market finds-thrifting-doodling-journaling-books-nature-handmade-creative things-nothing-everything


Sunday, August 23, 2015

Tansy

I remember reading about folks using tansy to dye wool.
It seemed to me that they could gather it from meadows, growing wild, or alongside the road as they were out driving. I've never seen it in this area, but came across some at an herb farm this past Spring. So, I purchased two of the plants and they are growing among a few other herbs beside my porch.
One has grown tall and is about to bloom, the other has been dug up by our dog so many times that I'm surprised it's even still alive. 

 Jack is such a good boy and I'm pretty sure he thinks that because I dig there, it's okay for him to do the same.
Anyway…there is now a fence there to keep Jack out.
I'm looking forward to seeing the Tansy in full bloom.
Should be any day now.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment