Random Bits Of Me

EVERYTHING IN GENERAL AND NOTHING IN PARTICULAR
crochet-spinning-making-home decor-fiber art-every day stuff-antiques-sewing-food-pets-family-flea market finds-thrifting-doodling-journaling-books-nature-handmade-creative things-nothing-everything


Monday, March 19, 2012

What Do You Do With Only One Shoe

What do you do with only one shoe?
I first learned of wooden shoes when I was about 7 or so.
I was in the 2nd grade and we were studying far off places.
I was fascinated by Holland with their windmills, tulips and wooden clogs.
So, when I saw this lonely old wooden shoe sitting on the shelf at the antique shop without a mate it made me sad. I had to rescue it and give it a purpose.

This particular shoe is 13 inches long and had been made for wearing.
It's new home is in my kitchen and it's new purpose is a planter.
I think it looks happy now.
Karen







1 comment:

  1. You have such an incredible touch for everything Karen! I love this!

    ReplyDelete