Random Bits Of Me

EVERYTHING IN GENERAL AND NOTHING IN PARTICULAR
crochet-spinning-making-home decor-fiber art-every day stuff-antiques-sewing-food-pets-family-flea market finds-thrifting-doodling-journaling-books-nature-handmade-creative things-nothing-everything


Thursday, March 22, 2012

Kitsch In The Kitchen

I recently received a wonderful little book for my birthday.

"dottie angel"
"the peachy crafty world of tif fussell"
It was a gift from my daughter and was my favorite gift of all.
After reading it from cover to cover, I discovered that I am much like Tif in many ways.
She talks about the rescue of "forsaken souls on the shelves of despair".
I myself refer to this as the rescue of "reconsidered treasures".

Inspired by the beautiful photos in Tif's book, I put together a small display of a few of my "reconsidered treasures" in a corner of my kitchen.




Her book is filled with cute crafting ideas using repurposed items, which is something that I love to do as well. A few of my favorites are the bunting banners, aprons and crocheted pretties.

I do believe Tif uses recycled vintage fabric for her banners.
I constructed this one from a bundle of quilting fabric.

If you love everything vintage and thrifting is your thing, then I think you too will be inspired by this book.

You can find "dottie angel" at her blog and her Etsy shop.
I think you'll love her stories, photos and how to's.

I'd like to say thank you to Tif for sharing her world and thanks to all of you who stopped by my blog for a peek at my world.
As Tif would say "have a peachy day".
Karen



1 comment:

  1. Oh, oh, oh, looooove this! I have had this book on my list for ages, glad you said you like it! Loooove your decor and especially your banners....ohhhh, just looooove it!

    ReplyDelete