Random Bits Of Me

EVERYTHING IN GENERAL AND NOTHING IN PARTICULAR
crochet-spinning-making-home decor-fiber art-every day stuff-antiques-sewing-food-pets-family-flea market finds-thrifting-doodling-journaling-books-nature-handmade-creative things-nothing-everything


Thursday, May 17, 2012

Handmade Shabby Chic Projects

Recently I picked up a couple of Rachel Ashwell's books.
I love the softness of her shabby chic style.
Inspired by the wonderful decor in these books, I put together a couple of  simple things for my bedroom using some recycled  fabric.
I never cared much for dream catchers until I saw the shabby chic version.
I made this one using the center ring from a recycled embroidery hoop that I found at my local thrift store.
I had to piece together the waxed thread for the woven part from some leftover scraps. There are no craft supply stores near here, so I made do with what I had available.

The pretty glass beads I used were a gift from my stepdaughter Janice.
She makes such lovely lampwork beads.

The embroidery hoop worked out well.

I also made a new lampshade for a small lamp that I picked up at a flea market during our trip to New England last week.

Both projects were made by tearing strips of recycled vintage fabric and wrapping and tying knots. No glue or sewing required.
These are very simple projects.
You can find tutorials for the dream catchers on youtube.
The lampshade, as you can see here is just strips of fabric tyed to a recycled shade frame.

Simple Is Best!

Thanks for taking time to visit my blog.
Karen Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment