Random Bits Of Me

EVERYTHING IN GENERAL AND NOTHING IN PARTICULAR
crochet-spinning-making-home decor-fiber art-every day stuff-antiques-sewing-food-pets-family-flea market finds-thrifting-doodling-journaling-books-nature-handmade-creative things-nothing-everything


Friday, January 13, 2012

In The Kitchen

The kitchen needed a little freshening up (a lot of cleaning up), so I watched the snow fall and listened to the wind while I stayed inside where it was nice and cozy.
With the weather being a bit depressing, I wanted to add a little cheerful color to the kitchen.
It's where I spend most of my time, so it needs to be a happy place.
There must be candles on a cold gray day like today.
And some honey for my tea.

Salad forks in a vintage bowl.
Flea market silver, plates and napkins.

A vintage flowered apron with ruffles.
Now that makes me happy.

A collection of odds and ends silver in an old pot.

I love this old scale. It belonged to my husbands parents.

I have a thing for scales.
There are three of them in my kitchen and several more throughout the house.
Love my coffee too!

A fresh new ribbon for the chicken.
A strip of torn recycled fabric.

A little organizing and a lot of scrubbing.

The freshest thing of all...a little bit of green.
After all of this freshening up, I was too tired to cook dinner.
We ate cereal tonight.
Hope you had a better dinner than mine.
Hugs
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment