Random Bits Of Me

EVERYTHING IN GENERAL AND NOTHING IN PARTICULAR
crochet-spinning-making-home decor-fiber art-every day stuff-antiques-sewing-food-pets-family-flea market finds-thrifting-doodling-journaling-books-nature-handmade-creative things-nothing-everything


Saturday, January 17, 2015

A Bouquet Of Paper Tubes

It's just too cold to be outdoors much lately.
It makes my bones hurt and it sure didn't help when I fell on the ice while shoveling a path to the garage last week.  So, I look for things to keep me busy indoors.
I made a pretty bouquet of paper tubes last week.
I'm not quite sure what I'll use these for, but it was fun and relaxing to make them.
To make these, wrap 4 inch wide strips of paper (junk mail, old magazine pages, etc.) around a wooden skewer and glue the end with a dab of elmers glue.
I like them just the way they are without a purpose, but I've seen some pretty cool things made from these, like containers and picture frames.  Thinking about flattening them and weaving them or rolling them into shapes.
I like the ones with lots of color best.

Karen

2 comments:

  1. what a fun project! thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! You could sew them down too! I know you will think of something amazing, as you ARE amazing.
    oxo
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete