Random Bits Of Me

EVERYTHING IN GENERAL AND NOTHING IN PARTICULAR
crochet-spinning-making-home decor-fiber art-every day stuff-antiques-sewing-food-pets-family-flea market finds-thrifting-doodling-journaling-books-nature-handmade-creative things-nothing-everything


Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Thinking of Grandma

Yesterday I spent the day shopping with my mother.
When I arrived at Mom's house, she gave me this beautiful old statue that had belonged to my Grandmother.
 It's very old and a bit shabby and chippy and I love it.
Grandma has been gone for many years, but I remember the times I shared with her like it was yesterday.
 She had a passion for gardening.
Especially flowers.
 As a child her place seemed magical to me.
 This morning as I was thinking of Grandma, I went out to my own garden and brought in a few of the flowers that are still blooming.
 Thanks Mom for the beautiful reminder of Grandma.

karen

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Miz Karen Ann, how beautiful this post is. How wonderful to have this beautiful statue, and to honor your Grandmother today by gathering the flowers. I think she must be smiling down on you right now.
    ♥♥♥
    *M*

    ReplyDelete