Random Bits Of Me

EVERYTHING IN GENERAL AND NOTHING IN PARTICULAR
crochet-spinning-making-home decor-fiber art-every day stuff-antiques-sewing-food-pets-family-flea market finds-thrifting-doodling-journaling-books-nature-handmade-creative things-nothing-everything


Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Breathe

I woke up this morning and the first thing I saw was a note on the kitchen counter that said "Someone left the fridge open all night and there's water all over the floor".
 The first thing I thought was "OMG and WTF...
Why is this my problem???
I'm pretty sure I ate at Taco Bell last night."
Then I went outside,
felt the cool morning breeze,
and walked over to my garden.
That's when I remembered I'm the one who turned  off the fridge door alarm when I was putting the groceries away the day before.
I took a deep breath, came back inside, looked at my vacation in a jar,
and decided...If that's the worse thing that happens today, I'm luckier than most.
Take a breath and have a great day!
karen







2 comments:

  1. Gosh I didn't even know fridges could have alarms LOLOLOL Our old side-by-side fridge has one door that you have to really push closed in order for it to catch. Guess I need to find an alarm for it LOL Hope your day improves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jill! I was just having one of those days where a few little things got piled on top of a few big worries and stressful issues and this just happened to be the tiny little thing that pushed me over the edge. I think it is pretty crazy that the fridge came with an alarm to alert you to the door being left open, but I can see why it did. My old rusty fridge always just closed on it own pretty much but she is long gone (died a few winters ago). I remember my groceries piled in the snow while we waited for our new one. At the time it seemed awful, but thinking back on it today, it makes me smile: ) Hope you're having a good day too.

      Delete