Random Bits Of Me

EVERYTHING IN GENERAL AND NOTHING IN PARTICULAR
crochet-spinning-making-home decor-fiber art-every day stuff-antiques-sewing-food-pets-family-flea market finds-thrifting-doodling-journaling-books-nature-handmade-creative things-nothing-everything


Monday, March 26, 2012

Making Memories

Hi everyone!
As promised, I'd like to share some photos of my Tea Party from this past weekend.
It is a rare occasion that I get to spend a day with all 5 of my girls at once, so I planned this day especially for that reason.
I had so much fun decorating.
I made banners and a tower of tea cups.
There were vintage tea pots everywhere.
There was even one hanging from the chandelier.
Everyone brought some type of food.
I think the French Macaroons were our favorite.

We all exchanged handmade and vintage gifts.
There were paper dolls, vintage gloves and aprons for all.
Each of us wore vintage outfits and every one of us had some type of wardrobe malfunction.
There were fresh flowers for everyone to take home.

My husbands oldest daughter couldn't be here, but she joined us via iphone and I sent her a package of goodies to open at home.
We all had such a crazy good time.
We laughed so much our faces hurt and my husband did sneak home early from his fishing trip to have a peek at our silly little party. It was decided by all that we should do this again, so we are planning a garden party for sometime this summer.
Thank you so much for stopping in.
I wish every mother and daughter out there could experience a day like this.
It's one that I will never forget.
Karen

2 comments:

  1. You looked amazing! And I love the little teapot that reminds me of Minnie Mouse. And the floral gifts look so beautiful. And how wonderful that you all had so much fun that you're going to do it again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks so much for sharing the pictures - it looks like y'all had a great time. And you all look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete