I've seen so many different things that people have been doing with old jars lately, so of course I had to give it a try. I used an idea that I had seen in a magazine, so it's not very original, but I like the way it turned out.
I had some trouble getting things glued to the inside of the jar.
"Fairy Dreams" is a song I found while sorting through some old sheet music and I thought it was just right for this project.
After I got the fairy glued into place I simply added some bits of a tattered old wedding dress.
I tied a strip of torn fabric around the lid and added a rusty skeleton key.
I placed it on the mantel beside my butterflies in a glass box.
I think they compliment each other nicely.
No, I'm not a butterfly killer!
I found these poor little creatures already in their current condition.
Have a great day.