Random Bits Of Me

EVERYTHING IN GENERAL AND NOTHING IN PARTICULAR
crochet-spinning-making-home decor-fiber art-every day stuff-antiques-sewing-food-pets-family-flea market finds-thrifting-doodling-journaling-books-nature-handmade-creative things-nothing-everything


Wednesday, January 18, 2012

1970's Pottery

Back in the 70's I would have given anything to be able to learn how to make pottery.
I was in high school then and took every class related to art that was allowed.
When it came time to learn the basics of pottery making, one of the students in my class threw a lump of clay at the teacher and that was the end of any chance I might have had to play in the mud.
Over the years I've thought about enrolling in some classes, but life happens and I just never got around to it.
Every now and then I purchase a piece or two.
These are my most recent finds.





Maybe I should add making pottery to my bucket list.
What's on your list?

Karen

1 comment:

  1. It's all in the little details with pottery, no? I wanted to throw clay, too, but in college I got the wheel that shorted out against my arm and it sorta turned me off. Now I just buy the work of friends - like these beauties. Such a sweet candle holder :: lynn

    ReplyDelete