Random Bits Of Me

EVERYTHING IN GENERAL AND NOTHING IN PARTICULAR
crochet-spinning-making-home decor-fiber art-every day stuff-antiques-sewing-food-pets-family-flea market finds-thrifting-doodling-journaling-books-nature-handmade-creative things-nothing-everything


Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Gathering & Making Supplies

All summer long I've been gathering supplies for creating and decorating.
Winter seems to last forever here and I wanted to make sure I have enough things to keep myself busy without having to venture out into the cold and snow.
I'm always inspired by antique lace and happened to find a real bargain on this bunch while in New England last week.

I'm always looking for unique buttons and beads for my projects and handmade ones are my favorite.
My brother had given me a box of antlers a few months ago and my sweet son-in-law was kind enough to turn them into buttons and beads for me. Some of them were made into handles for my jute baskets as well.


I've been crocheting flowers to use in some projects too.
These ones are quite large and are made from cotton and jute.

In the upcoming weeks you will see these supplies again in finished projects.
I am so inspired by the blogs I visit and I'm always searching for more.
I hope some of my ideas will inspire you as well.
Have a wonderful day.
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment