Random Bits Of Me

EVERYTHING IN GENERAL AND NOTHING IN PARTICULAR
crochet-spinning-making-home decor-fiber art-every day stuff-antiques-sewing-food-pets-family-flea market finds-thrifting-doodling-journaling-books-nature-handmade-creative things-nothing-everything


Monday, May 2, 2011

Favorite Finds

Collecting, junkin, pickin...
Call it whatever you like.
I call it fun.
These are a few of my latest finds.

I love this darling little ceramic head.
She spits out the twine that I use for packaging gifts and things.
I found her in an antique shop, but I don't think she's old.
My husband found two of these beautiful candlesticks for just $5 at a flea market on Saturday.

These wonderful, old, pocket watches, were given to me by my son in law.

I found these fabulous old books on Etsy.




This antique linen pillow sham is from Germany.
It has a button missing, but that's no problem.

I love these old sacks.
Some are feed sacks and some were from sugar.
These old baskets remind me of my Grandmother.
She used these for everything from gardening to laundry.



Antique bottles and jars are so interesting.
Some of these were found buried in the ground when we built our house and others were flea market finds and thrifting treasures.




I find so much inspiration in these old bits of the past.
What inspires you?

Karen



1 comment:

  1. Your treasured finds are absolutely delightful, and you gave me a good idea of how to store my feed and coffee sacks. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete