Random Bits Of Me

EVERYTHING IN GENERAL AND NOTHING IN PARTICULAR
crochet-spinning-making-home decor-fiber art-every day stuff-antiques-sewing-food-pets-family-flea market finds-thrifting-doodling-journaling-books-nature-handmade-creative things-nothing-everything


Monday, January 17, 2011

Chippy Old Decor Project

 This is a project I did about 12 years ago. I recently dug it out of the garden shed and plan to clean it up a bit and hang it on the wall in one of my guest rooms.
It's an old cabinet door that I drilled some holes into and attached antique glass flasks with wire.
I don't want to clean it too well, because I love all the chippy white paint.
When this was hanging years ago, I filled the flasks with water and live, cut flowers, but that was a pain when I had to change the water.
I'm hoping to find some pretty paper flowers on Etsy to use this time.



Don't you just love the look of all that old, chipped paint?

Thanks for dropping in!
If you decorate with old, chippy things, I'd love to see them.
Have a wonderful day everyone!

3 comments:

  1. The paint is fab, and I love the color of the glass against it. I've been meaning to finish a bud vase project I have started...maybe I'll try to get to that this week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely, love it! The glass was a perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a glass bottle hung on a wire in my kitchen in the summer for fresh flowers! Great minds think alike! I love the paint, it's awesome!
    I will try to write later.

    ReplyDelete