Random Bits Of Me

EVERYTHING IN GENERAL AND NOTHING IN PARTICULAR
crochet-spinning-making-home decor-fiber art-every day stuff-antiques-sewing-food-pets-family-flea market finds-thrifting-doodling-journaling-books-nature-handmade-creative things-nothing-everything


Thursday, November 11, 2010

Pretty Bits & Pieces






Thanks to Lisa Jordan of "lil fish studios", I learned something new that I've been wanting to try for a long time. She provided me with the inspiration and the information to get started on my way to dyeing textiles using natural plant materials. So, last weekend I tried it. I used red and yellow onion skins and some cranberries. The results were beautiful. Yesterday I put all the bits and pieces of fabric and ribbon together and created a lovely collection of shabby chic decorations. Here are some pics of the finished products.

No comments:

Post a Comment