Random Bits Of Me

EVERYTHING IN GENERAL AND NOTHING IN PARTICULAR
crochet-spinning-making-home decor-fiber art-every day stuff-antiques-sewing-food-pets-family-flea market finds-thrifting-doodling-journaling-books-nature-handmade-creative things-nothing-everything


Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Bagging Anxiety

Another page for my journal.
Not my typical page, but I'm not even sure I have a "typical".
I folded strips of  paper and tucked them into a small paper bag.
The idea is to write all the things causing me anxiety on the strips of paper, stuff them into the bag and clip it shut with the tiny clothespin.
Although I really haven't used it for it's intended purpose, just the making of it worked for bagging my anxiety.
I think it might be something useful for children who have issues with anxiety.
For me keeping busy and finding creative distractions works best.

Have a stress free day!

Karen

4 comments:

  1. Hello Karen, it is always good to try our hands , on different ways, of creating, and your bag of anxiety , is a wonderful way of getting those worried feelings out of the head, and close the bag for them !! Your stamp/ drawing is fun, and I love the nature look, not disturbing thoughts, and writing, and making it a peaceful doing !! You have a stressfree day, today, too, dear !! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dorthe! Just creating brings me peace. Does it do the same for you?

      Delete
  2. What a creative way to compartmentalize your anxiety. Art/craft "therapy" is such a healthy activity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda. For me making things has always been a good distraction for stressful times. Thank you!

      Delete