Random Bits Of Me

EVERYTHING IN GENERAL AND NOTHING IN PARTICULAR
crochet-spinning-making-home decor-fiber art-every day stuff-antiques-sewing-food-pets-family-flea market finds-thrifting-doodling-journaling-books-nature-handmade-creative things-nothing-everything


Friday, January 13, 2012

A Fresh Look

Like many of you, after the holidays, I like to give my home a little freshening up.
Once all of the Christmas decor is put away, things just look kind of blah, so I dig through the boxes of STUFF that I've accumulated, purge the things I don't want any more, and get started shifting things around to give everything a fresh new look.
Yesterday I worked on one of the bathrooms.
It all started with this pretty balloon shade that I thrifted a few months ago.
The label is Simply Shabby Chic and that's exactly the look I was going for.

It was the perfect window treatment to go with the shabby purple rug I got for Christmas.

It's made from recycled silk clothing in shades of purple.

I added a few more touches of purple here and there to tie everything together.

Some lavender and some purple feathers in a pretty jar.

Some purple potpourri with sparkle.

A wire basket for holding soaps and things.

A vintage ice bucket holds my favorite wooden combs.

I'll be working on some more freshening up today.
I'm hoping to get a few more rooms finished up and some more pics of the results.
It's blustery cold and snowing outside, so it's the perfect day for working inside.
I hope you are all warm and cozy where you are.
See you soon.
Karen


2 comments:

  1. I am drooling over this gorgeousness! I love your style so so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Karen, your bathroom has such a dreamy look to it. It's so beautiful - and I love the way you use your things.

    ReplyDelete