Random Bits Of Me

EVERYTHING IN GENERAL AND NOTHING IN PARTICULAR
crochet-spinning-making-home decor-fiber art-every day stuff-antiques-sewing-food-pets-family-flea market finds-thrifting-doodling-journaling-books-nature-handmade-creative things-nothing-everything


Thursday, October 31, 2013

In The Zone

What do you do to create a stress free zone in your world?
Today I did my best to block out life's little annoyances by spending some time with my spinning wheel.
 The gentle whirring sound of the wheel and the rhythm of the treadle seem calming as I concentrate on drafting the fiber.
 It puts me in "The Zone".  
"The Zone" is a quiet, peaceful place, a ZEN kind of place, where the dog doesn't have fleas, where people are kind, where the washing machine isn't leaking, where there is no pain and everything is lovely. You know what I mean. Just a little piece of time where you can block out the world and just be.

karen


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful wool Miz Karen Ann!!!! I am glad you found an escape today, I escaped to Crazy Mary's bead shop today, I needed to get out I guess.
    Love You!
    Marcie
    someone said : Art is the only way to run away without leaving home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm guess that would be my studio although the dogs often keep me company out there LOL But I can kind of get lost out there sometimes for some me time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous wool and gorgeous photos! You are the most talented person I know. Hope the stress free zone is helping.

    ReplyDelete