Random Bits Of Me

EVERYTHING IN GENERAL AND NOTHING IN PARTICULAR
crochet-spinning-making-home decor-fiber art-every day stuff-antiques-sewing-food-pets-family-flea market finds-thrifting-doodling-journaling-books-nature-handmade-creative things-nothing-everything


Monday, September 9, 2013

Oh POOH

As time goes on, visits to my favorite antique and junk shops yield fewer things worthy of being added to my collections. The STUFF has taken over and I seem to spend more time sorting and throwing things out than I do bringing things in.
This is a good thing!
It's amazing how quickly the STUFF can accumulate.
I'm careful now to try to choose things that I am certain I will use, like containers for storing things.
Jars are always useful for keeping the clutter under control.
Yesterday I happened upon this:

Classic Winnie The Pooh
 The sweetest little jar 
with a lovely pewter lid.

The perfect container for my favorite clay beads.
Looks so much better than the plastic bag that they were in.

I'm learning that in order to bring something new into my home, I must remove something old to make room for it.
I fell in love with this pretty little cup and saucer. They aren't a set, but to me they look perfect together.
So, I brought this one home with me and found a chipped one that I'm throwing out.
 Handmade pottery is a tough thing for me to pass up.
Especially when I find a piece glazed in pink and blue.
 Just right for holding my vintage crochet hooks.
 I usually have a coffee mug with me at all times, so at $1 I couldn't not bring this home with me.
 And this one is just right for my kombucha tea.
Now I must donate two old mugs that I don't especially love in order to keep these.
In the process I'll probably remove more than two of my lesser favorites thus freeing up even more space.  


karen

3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I hope this post means your in the pink again. Sweet jar, and cups.
    Love you!
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marcie! It's a good distraction...
      Big hugs my friend!

      Delete
  2. I think you have created a very good policy for yourself, one I think I will adopt also! Love your finds BTW! I know, I still owe you a letter, I'm working on it....feeling physically lousy and down, starting to get back up.

    ReplyDelete