Random Bits Of Me

EVERYTHING IN GENERAL AND NOTHING IN PARTICULAR
crochet-spinning-making-home decor-fiber art-every day stuff-antiques-sewing-food-pets-family-flea market finds-thrifting-doodling-journaling-books-nature-handmade-creative things-nothing-everything


Friday, July 20, 2012

A Visit To Autumn House Farm

Hi everyone!
Yesterday I made another trip over to Autumn House Farm.
I was hoping to get lots of good photos to share, but the much prayed for rain came pouring down and taking pictures was not an option. I did manage to get three photos just minutes before the rain.
This beautiful old tree stands in front of the house.
This sweet little barn cat was there to greet me at the sheep barn.

A few of the sheep inside the barn. Not a very good photo...there wasn't much light and I didn't want to use a flash and scare the sheep.
Harriet, the owner of Autumn House Farm, had invited me over to see some of the antiques from her parent's estate. I purchased this wonderful old wooden seed box.

I took a few felted stones along to give to Harriet.
I had felted them using some of the wool I had purchased there earlier in the week.
Autumn House Farm is such a feel good place.
It's a family run farm that's been in business since the 1800's.
I will be visiting there again soon and will be posting more photos and a schedule of events to be held there this Fall. If you love fiber...you'll love this place. The shop is open by appointment only at this time and is located in Rochester Mills, Indiana County, PA.
 Autumn House Farm...Where Yarn Is Born
Thanks for stopping by!
I'll be posting more information about this wonderful fiber heaven soon.
karen ann


1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen Ann
    How wonderful to have this farm to go to. I think the photos are great, the sheep face does it for me everytime. I can just smell the barn. the seed box is spectacular! The wool stones are awesome, did you dye some of the wool, or do they do it there? Oh yes, more photos!
    oxo
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete