Random Bits Of Me

EVERYTHING IN GENERAL AND NOTHING IN PARTICULAR
crochet-spinning-making-home decor-fiber art-every day stuff-antiques-sewing-food-pets-family-flea market finds-thrifting-doodling-journaling-books-nature-handmade-creative things-nothing-everything


Friday, June 22, 2012

Busy Making Felt

For the past several days I've been experimenting with wet felting wool and silk.
I've been making felted beads for my jewelry for some time now...
but I wanted to learn how to make large sheets of felt for bag making...

and other craft projects.
It's quite a workout. I feel like I've been to the gym.

I've never worked with silk bells before. I love how it shines.

I had a few failures in the beginning...
but I think I'm getting better with each piece.

Now, if someone would just come and clean my house and do my laundry...

I'm off to buy more wool.
See you soon.
Karen Ann


4 comments:

  1. Oh great work! And if you're calling that one rope with the green a failure - honeychile send it to me! LOL I think it's lovely. Wet felting is so much fun but it sure gives your hands a workout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see more Karen...I love what you are doing already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I only had time to go back to Easter, (for now) but you have sooo inspired me. Hope it is ok to put you on my favorites list.The fabric sachet and the cloth doll you made I really loved. Is it hard to grow the lavender? I have always wanted to travel to your area, before my mother passed we always talked about a trip "out east" we were in Illinois, I now live in north Florida. Glad to have found you, I'll be back. Be Blessed, and have a great week end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen Ann,
    I had a feeling you were makeing magic. I love the colors. but I have only felted wool yardage to shrink it, and dyed a tiny bit of wool to grunge it...and that was years ago. I made doll clothes etc. I tried needle felting,,not for me.
    However you are doing it, I love the look!
    I hope you are staying cool, we will be 105 or 108 or something awful today,,,,good day to stay inside in the AC.
    God Bless!
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete