Random Bits Of Me

EVERYTHING IN GENERAL AND NOTHING IN PARTICULAR
crochet-spinning-making-home decor-fiber art-every day stuff-antiques-sewing-food-pets-family-flea market finds-thrifting-doodling-journaling-books-nature-handmade-creative things-nothing-everything


Friday, April 20, 2012

The Last Hutch

In an earlier post I mentioned that my husband had rescued some antiques from an abandoned farm house that was scheduled to be demolished.
For the past week I've been working to remove the dirt and grime from a few pieces to incorporate them into my dining room.
I know there may be a few too many large pieces crammed in there, but it feels good to me.
There's plenty of storage space now for all of my favorite things.
We only use this room for it's intended purpose on holidays and the rest of the time I like to do my crafting here. And speaking of crafting...I even have room to display some of my finished pieces now.
Most of the things I've made have been hidden away in boxes, but not any more.
It's nice to be able to display some of the things I've been collecting too.
I love the bright white clean feel of it all.
And the simple country elements.
Just a little bit of color.
And last but not least, this sweet ironstone bowl that was also rescued from the old farmhouse.
Since I've neglected everything else for the past week, I have a lot of catching up to do.

Hope you've all had a happy and productive week.
Thanks for stopping in.
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Ooooooh Karen! You are amazing! All that work, but it is soooo beautiful! I nominate you for Country Living girl...you belong in that magazine! I do not have adequate words to describe how much I love every element of your home, and how you show your personality throughout!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete