Random Bits Of Me

EVERYTHING IN GENERAL AND NOTHING IN PARTICULAR
crochet-spinning-making-home decor-fiber art-every day stuff-antiques-sewing-food-pets-family-flea market finds-thrifting-doodling-journaling-books-nature-handmade-creative things-nothing-everything


Sunday, January 29, 2012

Moss Pie

Hi everyone!
I hope you are having a wonderful weekend where you are.
The sun is shining here today and I couldn't be happier.
Jack needed to be walked, so we bundled up, I stuffed a plastic bag in my pocket (no, not for Jack's poo), and we set out to take in some nature.
I've been wanting to gather some moss to incorporate into my creative projects and since there is no snow I thought today might be a good day for it.
We  found lots of beautiful moss, but it was frozen and difficult to gather.
We brought back enough to fill this old pie pan.

With a little left over to fill this recycled candle jar.

I love the way it looks in this jar!

The fragrance is so fresh and earthy.
On our way back the wind was blowing and it felt more like a day in March than a day in January.
Jacks ears were flapping in the wind as he pranced along, happy to be out in the fresh air.
He's content to nap now and I feel energized enough to clean up some of my crafting messes that I've made this past week. 

If the sun is shining where you are, I suggest getting outside for a while.
It really does make you feel better.
See ya soon.
Karen

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to gather some moss (no rolling stone am I), but wonder how long it will continue to live in your jar??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the moss KAren, it is sooo beautiful!
    I will write soon.

    ReplyDelete