Random Bits Of Me

EVERYTHING IN GENERAL AND NOTHING IN PARTICULAR
crochet-spinning-making-home decor-fiber art-every day stuff-antiques-sewing-food-pets-family-flea market finds-thrifting-doodling-journaling-books-nature-handmade-creative things-nothing-everything


Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Kitchen Stuff


Today I cleaned and organized my kitchen cupboards.
It's one of my least favorite things to do next to cooking.
I thought if I brought out the bread maker and the Kitchen Aid Mixer, it might inspire me to cook.
I disposed of 6 garbage bags of expired food items.
I know, shame on me.
Aside from needing to clean out the cupboards, I had to organize some of the clutter that my mother brought to my attention.
I've had so much spare time lately (not) that clutter has been the least of my worries, but you know how it is when your mother makes a helpful suggestion.
I put everything on hold and decluttered.



Actually, before I started, I went out to the garage to find one more thing to add to my kitchen clutter.
My husbands' parents had a little general store back in the 50's.
This scale was something that my husband salvaged from their store and I thought it would be nice to have it in our kitchen instead of in the garage where no one could appreciate it.


I found a couple of old metal milk crates out there as well and have my vintage, coal miners lunch box displayed in one of them.

The windowsill above my sink seems to be a catch all for odds and ends, so I did some cleaning there too.




Well, it's getting late and I still need to clean the floor.
Mother is coming tomorrow.

Have a restfull evening all.

Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment