Random Bits Of Me

EVERYTHING IN GENERAL AND NOTHING IN PARTICULAR
crochet-spinning-making-home decor-fiber art-every day stuff-antiques-sewing-food-pets-family-flea market finds-thrifting-doodling-journaling-books-nature-handmade-creative things-nothing-everything


Friday, March 11, 2011

The Silver Fern

Recently, I had a request for some jewelry.
I hadn't made anything new for a while, so I spent the past few evennings working on this necklace.
It's called The Silver Fern.
As you can see, it looks like a silver fern unfolding.

I purchased this amazing lampwork bead from JanzArt AFiberJourney.
Her work is beautiful!
This is the back of the pod which holds the bead.
I used this gorgeous, antique glass, button as the closure for this piece.

If you're into beads or buttons, you should check out both of these Etsy shops.

And here is the finished photo of The Silver Fern Necklace.
I'm really pleased with this piece.
I had fabulous supplies to work with and that makes all the difference.

Thank you for stopping by!
Big hugs to you!
Karen

5 comments:

  1. That is very beautiful and unique! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really beautiful and so unusual. Thanks again for the mention.

    Jan
    AFiberJourney on Etsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely, Karen. Just in time for the arrival of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I'm curious. Is that knitted I-cord around crocheted jute? Or is it all crocheted? You've done some beautiful stitches, whatever method you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's incredible! You accented the bead so beautifully with your work! Goooorgeeeous!

    ReplyDelete