Random Bits Of Me

EVERYTHING IN GENERAL AND NOTHING IN PARTICULAR
crochet-spinning-making-home decor-fiber art-every day stuff-antiques-sewing-food-pets-family-flea market finds-thrifting-doodling-journaling-books-nature-handmade-creative things-nothing-everything


Thursday, February 10, 2011

Waste Not

Good morning everyone.
I wish you could be here for banana, pecan muffins and some coffee.
I've been trying harder to waste less by recycling, repurposing and sharing the overflow.
Last night I used up the too ripe bananas and made some wonderful muffins.
I used a recipe from an old vintage cookbook and changed it up a bit.
Very yummy and no wasted bananas this week.
This recipe made 12 muffins and 2 small loaves or 18 muffins.




BANANA PECAN MUFFINS

2 1/2 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2/3 cup shortening
1 1/3 cup sugar
4 eggs well beaten
2 cups mashed bananas
1 cup chopped pecans

Cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat well. Add flour mixture alternately with mashed bananas, beating until smooth.
Add pecans.
Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes
Sprinkle tops with powdered sugar.
Makes about 18 muffins.

Please don't forget about my Etsy shop destash giveaway.
Yesterday, I posted 3 items here on my blog as a free giveaway.
Please stop in and leave a comment.
I have many more giveaways that I'd like to host and I'm hoping my fellow bloggers will want to participate.

Thanks so much for stopping in.
Have a lovely day everyone.
Karen

4 comments:

  1. Gosh these look wonderful. I wish I were having one with you right now =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your muffins look so much yummier than mine, when I make them. The slight dusting of powdered sugar is a lovely touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM YUM!
    I wish I could cook with pecans. Little Hawk is allergic to nuts. Any suggestions for ways to add a little texture to your muffins without poisoning my man?

    ReplyDelete