Random Bits Of Me

EVERYTHING IN GENERAL AND NOTHING IN PARTICULAR
crochet-spinning-making-home decor-fiber art-every day stuff-antiques-sewing-food-pets-family-flea market finds-thrifting-doodling-journaling-books-nature-handmade-creative things-nothing-everything


Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Making My Own Spring

I've heard so many of you mention this week that you are tired of winter and I'm right there with you.
It's cold and snowy outside my window and I'm just not going out there.
Instead, I'm playing with my plants indoors and trying to create a sort of Spring garden look in my dining room.
Of course it's still a mess as I sort through tons of stuff, trying to decide what to keep, what to get rid of, and what I can use in another room to change up the look a bit.
Here are some of the keepers.
 The bell jar was a Christmas gift from my daughter and I just love it. There's a little pot of ivy in there, a clay bunny and a little birds nest. It is sitting on a beautiful silver tray that was a thrifted find from a few years ago.
The mercury glass candle holder was a remarkable thrift find from last week. It was a 50 cent item and I just love it too.
The silver leaf was a gift from an old friend and the wool acorns are something I made after purchasing a few from Lisa at http://www.lilfishstudios.etsy.com/.
 I've had this old stick wreath for years and just can't part with it. The little ceramic bird hanging in the center was something I picked up at an art show a few years back.
 This antique print was a thrifted find too. It reminds me of spring. Can you see the little bird at the bottom of the print?
This old cherub statue has a place at the top for a plant. Now I just need to get a small plant to put there. 
 Another bird nest under glass. You can never have too many bird nests!

 Another thrifted antique print. It has the most beautiful frame.
This little garden girl was a gift from my mom a long time ago. She's a little chipped and weathered, but I love her just the same.
Wow! After writing this I realized that most of the things I love enough to keep are thrifted finds and gifts from people that I love.
Well, I'm not finished cleaning and decorating the dining room yet, so I better get back to it.
Keep thinking Spring.
It will be here before you know it.
Hugs,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Karen, it's wonderful! Holy cow, woman! Really amazing pieces and I love how you've put it all together.

    ReplyDelete