Random Bits Of Me

EVERYTHING IN GENERAL AND NOTHING IN PARTICULAR
crochet-spinning-making-home decor-fiber art-every day stuff-antiques-sewing-food-pets-family-flea market finds-thrifting-doodling-journaling-books-nature-handmade-creative things-nothing-everything


Sunday, August 15, 2010

Dinner From Pittsburgh's Strip District




Yesterday I finally left my house for a while. My sweet husband worries that I spend too much time at home, so he insisted that we take a drive into Pittsburgh for the day. One of our favorite places to visit there is the Strip District. The sights, sounds and smells are just wonderful and I always leave there feeling inspired. We arrived there at 8:45 in the a.m. and it was already alive with the hustle and bustle of the street vendors, musicians, and shoppers. I got so excited by the bongo drums and flute playing that I actually bought a wooden flute. Tell me what a woman of 52 is going to do with a red, wooden flute. I know I'll never learn to play it, but I just couldn't help myself, I had to buy it. Now every time I look at it, I will be reminded of what a fun day my husband and I had.




My husband Tom, who isn't interested in flutes at all, was there for the food. There was a farmers market going on which made this visit even more special. I saw so many interesting vegetables and fruits from the local farmers. There were such sweet smelling herbs and flowers and even honey. We purchased some fresh baked bread there to go with the lobsters we were planning to purchase from the fish market.




One of the vendors had some pond plants that I just had to have. They were labeled as "pond lettuce", but my husband calls them "sea cabbage" Whatever they are, they are a nice addition to my pond.




When we got home to our little corner of the world, Tom cooked the lobsters and we had an amazing dinner. A great ending to a perfect day. I think I'll play my flute????

No comments:

Post a Comment